Saturday, October 11, 2008

Time flies!


Hey all,


It's been awhile since I've posted updates on "baby Sienna," and even though I emailed everyone photos recently, I thought I should catch up on what's been going on in our lives since the beginning of August! In sum, Sienna is like a little kid now, crawling, standing, and sitting with ease, and beginning to try to stand up without holding on to things. And finally at 8 months she is cutting her first 2 teeth, the bottom right one, and the top left one, but not the top center left one (if that makes sense!). She is so active, but lots of fun, and easy to tote around places.


So for those that don't know, I went back to work in September, after being off for over 8 months! Going back to work was easy, being in the classroom again was not odd at all, but finding the time to get anything done is the tricky part. I am constantly in a hurry on my free time at work, then rushing off to pick up Sienna from the sitter (which has been going well, it probably only took her about a week to adjust!), then playtime with Sienna basically until she goes to bed at 8pm. And by then I'm so tired, it's hard to get myself to do work. I do if I absolutely have to. It's pretty much impossible to work while Sienna is awake, since she'd end up eating students' papers, or try to knock down the TV while I plan lessons. :) Sure, Chris could watch her, but he's just as tired as I am, so we try to just spend time with her together, and take turns chasing her around. Overall things are going well. But I am looking forward to the holiday season for sure!


The best part about being back at work is that it is making me lose weight! Yay! 6 pounds shed in a month, 7 more to go. Not too worried about it, but thought I'd share.


Okay, time for bed. Sienna will probably be up any minute - yes, still wakes up, once, sometimes twice. Happy October! (Can't wait to dress Sienna in cute warm outfits!)

2 comments:

Nana and Grandpa Gonsior said...

Our beautiful little angel is looking so grown up-- sleepy eyes! We cant wait to see her, its been too long. She is the cutest! We need to visit soon, Thanksgiving is too far away.

Love Nana and Grandpa G

Kristen Roush said...

The joys of being back at work after baby-- instant weight loss! :-) Told you it would work!